Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Movie Monday (on tuesday)

titanic.jpeg

A day late, but not a dollar short as I will be discussing two movies this week. The first is an Oscar nominated flick that goes by Revolutionary Road. I know what you are not thinking, but yes, it is the second film I am reviewing in a row that features Kate Winslet. It is about a couple, Kate and Leo who meet in NYC in the 50's, who are both young and seemingly idealistic with ideas about moving to France and being free. By the way, prior to this, Leo has not really put out good work in a minute and yes, he is good in this film, but not as good as Kate. Remember him in Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape? He was acting. I take that back, he was good in The Beach and Gangs of New York, but his shite accent in Blood Diamond hurt that hurt movie. I guess he was good in that other Marty Scorsese flick, but his competition was Marky Mark(who I think is a good actor sometimes, say hi to your mother for me) and Alec Baldwin who wins automatically because he is Jack Donaghy. So, Leo does some good and bad like everyone, and no I did not like Titanic, and no, not because I am boatist.

Revolutionary Road follows a couple out to suburban Connecticut (holler) and their trials and tribulations of giving up city life for a family life. Even if you don't live in a city, I am sure you can relate to this movie on some level, whether you have extra-marital affairs with secretaries (I know it is administrative assistants, but I am keeping it time period specific) or neighbors, or you despise your significant other because you both created a life neither of you really want. I have already said too much, just know this movie does the whole past to present thing the whole time. Not saying that is a bad thing, but you should be aware.

The second movie I watched was The Night of the White Pants with Tom Wilkenson, Nick Stahl, and Selma Blair. I am going to post no imdb hyperlinks or write about it because there is no reason to watch it unless you have Showtime On Demand and have already watched every movie it has to offer.

1 comments:

DogPound said...

It's just as easy to create a new life that you want, but you have to get out of your present life.