Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm Just Here to Chat

Omegle



Do you remember AOL dial-up? And chat-rooms? And you and your friends sitting around a computer talking ish to people, pretty much being an e-bully or maybe asking for stats from alleged females? I do, which is why this new site, omegle is kind of interesting in its simplicity. You are randomly connected to one other person(stranger) and chat with them.

I chatted with someone in Iceland who had gone to the bank/political protests in Reykjavik and was amazed with my knowledge on their economy and president. Truth be told, I read just one article in Vanity Fair about it, good article though. This person sent me a youtube link:


I am not going to lie, I have known about this site for a bit, and was hesitant to chat with a stranger, but I learned something kinda new in 3 minutes. I mean, I figured I had to give it a whirl if I was going to blog about it, although I do not see myself signing on again(unless there is a couple drinks and friends telling me what to write). And of course there are the drawbacks of pedophiles and weirdos, but the Internet is a weird place, give it a try.

1 comments:

bjork said...

maybe you will find a girlfriend on there